I love the quote, 'You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.' I was thinking about it though and realised, what does 'taking care of yourself first' really mean? I decided to brainstorm a list of powerful ways that we can all protect our vibe and ensure we pour from an overflowing cup, so here they are!
1. Embrace change and let goof the need to control
2. Avoid self comparison - nobody is perfect or has it all together, ever!
3. Limit social media to account that add value
4. Schedule time to be alone
5. Practice daily gratitudes
6. Tell yourself daily that you are enough - because you absolutely are!
7. Set healthy boundaries with friends, family and colleagues
8. Eliminate toxic relationships - no matter how old they are
9. Don't do things out of obligation
10. Connect with nature daily.
Remember, self care looks different to everyone so you might like to set aside some time and brainstorm your own list of ways you can protect your vibe. Self care isn't selfish, it's essential!
Love, Jess x